Search this blog

Monday, March 15, 2010

Inky situation

The Hand blown glass probe by Cal Exotics is a piece of artwork. Truly beautiful. It features sort of a pirate-esque tattooing on the smooth end of the shaft, with a formed and dulled pointed head on one end and an increasing ripple on the other end with a gorgeous curve for g-spot or p-spot stimulation (unfortunately for you I am a chick, so you get no info on p-spot use). The glass is clear and seems flawless, one of the wonders that draws us all near to glass toys.

It is actually a lot smaller than I thought it would be. The shaft is 1 inch thick with the thickest part of the toy being the head at 1.5 inches thick. The probe is 8.5 inches long, the curve makes it look about 7.5 inches long. The smallest nodule on the probed end is about 0.75 inches thick with a total of four sizes up to 1.5 inches thick.

I love glass. It doesn't give at all, so if you need pressure to reach an orgasm you will be set with one good glass piece. As I held it to examine it for cracks or fissures (it is glass, so all precautions need to be taken seriously) I noticed that the inking was on the outside of the glass. Some parts were smooth, almost sticker like, and some were more raised and rough. Now, I don't know about you, but that is a no go for me. I did use it of course (I was, after all, supposed to still review it). I did use a condom, so my review is a wee bit tainted...get over it. During actual use of the probe...umm yeah, wow. I loved it. Really, I did. The glass held cold very well and the tip end of the probe was nice for g-spot stimulation. I would be careful if you're a thruster though, slamming into the cervix with a glass probe hurts. I know this for a fact.

The tapered bubbly end of the probe was great both anally and vaginally (umm, no vaginal after anal though). I didn't need a condom since I just made good and sure the painty area wasn't up in me. Lovely thing about glass? Any lube you love. Any. Really, awesome. Also, you can clean it easily too. Hold it in boiling water for three minutes, 10% bleach wipe down, or a toy cleaner. Options are limitless with glass toys. The curve and the textures helped in holding the probe during use, but be aware that the toy will get slippery if lubricant ends up on whatever you're holding on to.

My only issue:

Now, I say this is my only issue, but it would be the one to make or break this review for the hand blown glass probe (which, by the way could have had a way more kick-ass name).

The inking on the probe is on the outside and when I went over it with my nail in a few areas a top layer type thing came off (hence the condom). Only a few little areas of ink flaked, but it is enough for me to say I won't be shoving it into my body. Especially since I have no idea what the hell the tattoo is actually made up of or how it is applied or anything. And nothing against China or the manufacturers, but we all remember the Walmart fiasco where there was lead in toys and appliques on clothing, right? Well, if that is the case...umm I don't want that in me. Now, I don't know this for sure so don't be all like "well Alley said that [blah blah blah]." All I am saying is I am picky about what I use, so I won't insert this without protection.

Small side note: This is not really discreet, I am pretty sure people will know what it is for. Plus, you should store it away from other heavy toys to avoid cracks and such. I store mine is a padded draw string bag to ensure safety if it drops.

Recommended?

I don't know if I would actually recommend this without actually knowing the answers to my questions. As of now...no, I in no way recommend this toy.

If I were to recommend this it would be to someone who actually ever owned a toy before. Glass is fragile and can crack and whatnot, so care is essential. I wouldn't recommend this as a first toy for a few reasons:
1. It is a probe and can be used anally, but someone with no knowledge of anal toy safety could potentially hurt themselves.
2. Glass can hurt. If you slam into your vaginal walls or cervix you can bruise them, so knowing how to use a toy for yourself can be helpful.

Since it is small you could get this as a first glass toy.

1 comments:

Kendra Holliday said...

I've never seen glass like this! Intriguing!

March 21, 2010 at 11:03 AM