Search this blog

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Sassy Booty Formula


I will begin with the fact that I have never before tried an anal lubricant. So, basically I have nothing other than your basic water based and silicone based lubes to compare Sassy Booty Formula to. That being said...I must admit I really like this lubricant. I was totally skeptical about it at first, but I like Sliquid so much I had to try it at least once. Let's take a quick look at the ingredients, shall we?

Purified Water, Plant Cellulose, Polyquat 007, DMDM Hydantoin

Ok, now...take a quick glance at the H2O ingredients really quickly please:

Purified Water, Plant Cellulose, Polyquat 007, DMDM Hydantoin
Makes you wonder, right? Yeah, me too. Guess what? They are not the same. Sliquid Sassy is thick, gel like even, while H2O was watery and thinner. It has serious staying power. There is no glycerin and there are no parabens. I had absolutely no discomfort, no burning, and no yeast infection (yes, I had to try it vaginally as well) from using this lubricant. Sliquid Sassy is surprisingly thick, especially considering it is a water based lubricant. I know because I checked, repeatedly.

I prefer water based lubricants because of the chemical compatibility of it with my silicone toys, and having a water based anal lube is great because I never need to worry about ruining my favorite toys with silicone lube again. Now, I won't lie, Sassy did dry up a little faster than my silicone lube, but that is ok. It did out perform every water based lubricant I have ever used before in my life. Plus, I have only had to reapply once during an extended play session.

Now, Sassy is not a desensitizing lubricant. And, to be honest, if you own some...get rid of it. Desensitizing is not safe due to the fact that you are less likely to feel true discomfort that would normally be an indicator of a more serious problem. So you will feel the stretching and whatnot of anal play, but go slow and be careful and you should have a great time.

My only complaint is the cap. I have come to appreciate pump systems because of the drip type spout everyone else uses tenancy to leak. My other Sliquid bottle leaked so badly I had to put the lubricant into a whole new container just to be safe. This particular bottle hasn't leaked, but I still prefer pump style lubes.

It even comes in a cutesy light blue and pink bottle. Now, I know this isn't for everyone, but...Some people may find anal play to be a nerve racking thing, and some of the lubricants can tend to look really tough. This lightens the look of anal play, and, for me anyway, can make it seem less intimidating. Also, because there is no taste or smell it is user friendly to oral sex as well.

This is a great started lubricant to anyone who is interested in anal play. Since there is no desensitizing aftermath, and it is safe for use on all toys (pair it with glass or metal for a silky smooth ride), you get a great amount of lubricant for the price (although you may need to note that you can't take it on a plane until you have transferred bottles because the smallest bottle is still over 3oz.), it is long lasting, and Sassy is super thick. I would honestly recommend Sliquid Sassy to anyone at all.

0 comments: