Search this blog

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Update from hell peoples :)


What have I been doing lately? Well besides watching the 1000 year flood waters recede back into the nasty ass Cumberland River where they belong, I have been packing and whatnot to move.

My Mother's Day was spent handing out cupcakes down the road from my house to other moms whose homes were under water when Nashville flooded. Oh yeah, in case you have been living under a rock, we found Atlantis...it is really called Bellevue and it was totally submerged. Much like I nearly was because my retarded ass needed to try to go to church. Yeah, that worked out well. I was flooded out of my subdivision, and evacuated to "higher ground." Bullshit. My so called "higher ground" flooded in front of my eyes and I made a mad dash through 3 feet or so if water to another city to wait out the rain. Hey, did I mention my kids were at home with J's mom while the fucking city flooded and I wasn't sure I would ever see them again. Yeah, that was great.

My birthday is in a few weeks as well...ugh. J is in San Diego working, and I am here, and I miss him horribly. I just don't know what to make of it all at this point. We were lucky this month, so let's see what is in store for us in the future :) Oh and the tree photo is to show you just how high some of the water in our area rose...mind you this is a dry area any other day.

0 comments: