Search this blog

Friday, December 4, 2009

2009 Holiday Gift Giving Wish List

I originally saw this on Hey Epiphora, and traced it back to its original owner, Essin' Em. I loved the concept, and I need to get to work on how I can provide some of these things to some of these bloggers. Read on for details:



Step One
- Make a post (public, friendslocked, filtered…whatever you’re comfortable with) to your LJ or Myspace or Blog. The important thing is to make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
- If you wish for real possible things, make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it’s your address or just an email address at which you can be contacted by potential wish-grantors, real or imaginary.
- Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your post, so that the holiday joy will spread.
Step Two
- Surf around your friends list/blogroll/RSS feeds (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list.
- If you see a wish you can grant, and it’s in your heart to do so, make someone’s wish come true. Sometimes someone’s trash is another’s treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don’t want or a gift certificate you won’t use–or even know where you could get someone’s dream purebred Basset Hound for free–do it.
You needn’t spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn’t to put people out, it’s to provide everyone a chance to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not–it’s your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just…wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you’ll have the joy of knowing you made someone’s holiday special.
Wishlist If you happen to want to send me any of this gifts, please email me at JsCuriousAlley [at] yahoo [dot] com or comment on here.

Thanx.


  • If anyone works for an airline and wants to get me a job as a flight attendant...I would love it. I am dead serious here.
  • A honeymoon...we got pregnant, got married and he got deployed :( No sexy honeymoon for J and Alley.
  • Readers for my blog...or advertising for my blog. Whatever.
  • Next year's tuition for my daughters' school. Seriously, it will be $8,500 and that is a hell of a lot of money, but schools here suck. I am taking a collection.
  • For party hostesses (even for online ones) for my lia sophia business...pretty pretty jewelry...this money is tuition money for my girls.
  • Tantus Vamp. Yes, this toy made the list of things I want.
  • A ticket to go to Southern Cali for New Year's Eve...my very best friend is getting married at 6pm on New Year's Eve, and I (the original Maid of Honor) will not be able to fly out due to lack of funds :( I is sad.
  • Of course anything listed on any of my wishlists .
  • Gift Cards to Joann's / Michael's / Hobby Lobby / New York & Co.
If you can provide me with gifts, thank you in advance, if not...thank you for reading!

Epiphora
Essin' Em
Rose
Garnet Joyce
Pussy goes Grrr
Julietta
Saraid

4 comments:

Kayla said...

I will add you to my regular reading list to help with getting more readers. :) (And comments. I know how it feels not to get comments.)

If you do Avon, I know I'm looking for an Avon consultant, so I could help there. As for jewelry, I don't really buy any.

I added your link to my Holiday list. :)

December 9, 2009 at 10:44 PM
Michelle said...

Would u prefer, money for tuition, or for your friends wedding?
Shell
p.s. i'm normally a silent reader :)

December 10, 2009 at 1:20 AM
Alley said...

@kayla Thanks!!! I added you to my blogroll as well!

@Michelle...honestly tuition money, my girls go to Catholic school and I have a real need for them to be there. They always come first and their eduction and well being depends on this school.

All my readers are so wonderful!

December 11, 2009 at 1:15 PM
Dangerous Lilly said...

Email me with a small (125x75 or therebouts) banner for your site, and I'll add it to e[lust]. If you don't have one, I can help you make one.

December 13, 2009 at 11:51 AM