Search this blog

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Better than old stale chocolate, but not the good stuff


With all the hype surrounding the Better than Chocolate I figured it deserved a go round. Basically the BTC is just a simple clitoral vibrator with several functions. The box it comes in closely resembles a jewelry box and the first thing I thought was that because of the design and box this would make a great gift to a good friend or to a partner. It is elegant and would seem like a sweet thought rather than a "here's a new sex toy." The box also provides the storage, and it even comes with a draw string bag for your new toy. I use the bag for my batteries.

Its shape makes holding it easy and lessens the chance that you will be annoyed because it slips all around like other vibes. The BTC is made of non-porous TPR and comes in three different colors (mine is pink). It is 100% bleach-able and you can also use a toy cleaner. Since this isn't an insertable toy there really is no need for boiling, but if you get the urge...don't. The batteries are inserted in the hand held end of the toy, and I had a hard time trying to open it and get it closed again. The control panel...

Oh the amazing touch technology. This is innovative, and kind of fun...in theory. The actual controls are a sliding touch pad that goes by body heat. Sometimes it wouldn't work at all, and others it was overly sensitive. The control pad allows you to lock the vibrator to whichever speed or pattern you prefer, but I usually can't get it out of the lock, and I have to turn it off, then back on. I am sure you can imagine how frustrating that can get.

The vibrations are not very strong. Don't get me wrong, they aren't weak, they just aren't as strong as my other vibes. The vibrations can be felt throughout the entire toy, so full labia stimulation is a great option with the BTC. The tip of the toy is rather pinpointed and is great for clitoral stimulation alone and with a partner. On the upside it is fully waterproof and makes for some fun bath time experiences. The BTC is also great for nipple stimulation because of the weaker level of vibrations, I personally hate nipple play, so the weaker vibes made it more tolerable.

Overall? This is an innovative and just plain neat vibrator, but as far as actually doing its job and helping to reach orgasm it falls very very short of it expectations. I was sad at this revelation, but I have nothing but hope that Naomi Tang will introduce a stronger vibrator in the future. The TPR is great, it allows a lower cost of production (which is clearly not evident in the price, but the new technology is) and it isn't clear and sticky like other TPR. This is a beautiful toy, but it simply didn't live up to the hype.





Thanks to Babeland.com for sending me the BTC to review.





2 comments:

Mistress Kay said...

It's innovative and pretty awesome, but I must say that I felt the vibes were too weak too. It also just didn't mess with my body very well either. I'm keeping it just because it has that touch sensor though.

April 4, 2010 at 7:56 PM
Alley said...

Yeah, I am not all that sure I am ready to get rid of it yet. I will give it a few more go 'rounds, but I just think the vibration level leaves something to be desired. For me anyway.

April 6, 2010 at 9:26 AM